Thursday, February 18, 2010

Motivation

Time to Shoot For
Yesterday was the last official day of my Level 2 Swim Clinic at the Y. For our "final exam," we swam a 900 and were timed. I was able to finish it with a time of 20:19. Would have been nice to finish it under 20:00, but now this gives me something to shoot for. Maybe this will give me some motivation during the time of year where motivation is at a low.

I mean, seriously! Who can be motivated to do anything in the middle of February in Central New York. Snow, cold, gray sky (well, that's year round!), lack of daylight. Who wouldn't want to just stay in their jammies all day curled up under a blanket. Oh, and to top things off, my 3 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies came in yesterday. Uggg!

Happy Tri-Training to Me!
Tomorrow I think I'm going to treat myself to a present: a foam roller. Maybe a new gift to myself will lift my spirits. And I'm also going to work tomorrow on my motivational bulletin board. Both of these ideas are from Kelly from "My Life as a Tri-Mommy."

Gotta run!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great time!! You are on your way, my friend!! You will love, love, love your foam roller. I have to spend some serious time with my roller today!! And an inspiration board will be just that!! Great training!!

    ReplyDelete