Thursday, February 4, 2010

Training Funk

Can't believe it's been over a week since I posted last. I'm in a bit of a funk today and I'm not sure why.

Am I Doing Too Much?
Last week I did a ton of training, so maybe my body is telling me to back off. I'm not going to summarize as well as I did last week (a result of my funk), but here's what I did:
  • Sun 1/24: Swam about 1,300 yds then went to dance class with my hubby
  • Mon 1/25: OFF
  • Tue 1/26: Y-Body Cuts class at 6 AM for 1 hr; 8-Week Ride spinning class at 5:30 PM for 25 min
  • Wed 1/27: Ran on treadmill at 6:30 AM for 20 min; Level 2 swim clinic at 7:20, 1,300 yds
  • Thu 1/28: Y-Body Cuts class at 6 AM for 1 hr; 8-Week Ride spinning class at 5:30 PM for 25 min
  • Fri 1/29: OFF
  • Sat 1/30: Y-Body Cuts class at 8:30 AM for 1 hr; Ran on treadmill for 20 min
  • Sun 1/31: Swam about 1,300 yds then went to dance class with my hubby
  • Mon 2/1: OFF
  • Tue 2/2: Y-Body Cuts class at 6 AM for 1 hr; 8-Week Ride spinning class at 5:30 PM for 30 min
  • Wed 2/3: Ran on treadmill at 6:30 AM for 20 min; Level 2 swim clinic at 7:20, 1,300 yds

I'm getting tired just reading this! Last night after swimming I could tell my body just wasn't going to be up to Y-Body Cuts this morning, so I made a promise to myself to sleep in. It felt good, but I'm still in a funk. Hope I'm up for spinning tonight!

Oh Baby!
The other thing that could be causing my problems is fertility treatments. I hate all the medications I have to take for this. Having to administer two shots a night to myself isn't fun, but when they make you tired and they make you moody, it makes things 100 times worse. It was nice taking two months off from the fertility journey, but now I'm back in the hunt for baby #2. I guess I should have expected this funk. I was just hoping that exercising would help me through it.

Stick With It!
Well, regardless of how I'm feeling, I'm going to stick with my training. I know I will definitely feel A LOT worse if I don't. I can use my time in the water, on the treadmill, and on the bike as time to reflect on what I'm going through. No matter what, I will accomplish at least one goal this year: finishing a triathlon or getting pregnant and having another baby. At the end of this year I will know that I can accomplish what I set my mind to. I just have to stay focused and confident!

No comments:

Post a Comment