Monday, March 22, 2010

Doing Good, Feeling Good!

Moving in the Right Direction!
I have to say I feel a lot better about myself today than I have in the last couple of weeks. Although last week's performance wasn't spectacular, it was definitely a move in the right direction:
  • Sunday: Went for a swim at the Y
  • Monday: Scheduled day off
  • Tuesday: Ran at the Y after work then attended their tri workshop on sports nutrition
  • Wednesday: Unscheduled day off :-(
  • Thursday: Won the battle against the snooze alarm and got up for 6:00 AM Y-Body Cuts
  • Friday: Won the battle again and got up for 6:00 AM group cycle class
  • Saturday: 8:30 AM Y-Body Cuts, then ran at the Y, then attended a cooking demo at the Y where they made Pumpkin Pancakes with Berries
Just winning the battle against the snooze alarm was success enough. I now know what I need to do to get up in the morning. And every day it will get easier because not only will my body be used to it, but its getting lighter out each morning, so that will be a HUGE help.

3 G's
Gratitude
*My health: A friend of my sister-in-laws recently had a heart attack, so I'm happy I'm doing what I can to stay healthy (fitness and eating well...for the most part)
*My family and friends
*My job: Not very stressful, so it helps to keep me healthy
*My upcoming vacation to FL: Can't wait to use the whole week to train (swimming, biking, running, weight training, and yoga on the beach...HEAVEN!)

Goals
1. Continue to beat the snooze alarm
2. Figure out a way to get my swimming in
3. Clean Eating

Game Plan
1a. Do what I did last Thursday and Friday
1b. Remember how GREAT you felt those days
2. Schedule a swim at lunchtime. It might a great time to do it.
3a. Figure out the weekly menu.
3b. Continue with egg whites and Cheerios with berries for breakfast

Happy Training! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment