Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finally!

Score: Debbie 1 - Alarm Clock 0
At least this is the score if we started this morning. I set my bedside alarm to go off at 5:00 AM and my watch alarm to go off at 5:20 AM. Woke up a little at a time in bed, then got up and STAYED UP to turn off my watch alarm. I think I might go a little later on my watch because I found myself with extra time just wandering around the house before I left. Then again, this might be a good thing! Had a great Y-Body Cuts class this morning and am going to try this again tomorrow morning for Cycle class. I love having this post-workout energy throughout the day. And, if I work out in the morning, I'm less likely to mess things up during the day by eating bad. Clean Eating will be a breeze if I keep this up!

Eating
As for eating, I did pretty well yesterday. As my post yesterday said, not a big fan of plain oatmeal and fruit, so I stopped at Wegman's on the way home from work and bought some Cheerios to have with fruit. Ate that this morning and liked it MUCH better! Had it with a side of egg whites and my small iced mocha. Loaded my lunch bag with veggies, fruit, hummus, and cheese sticks to bring to work. Didn't have time to make a sandwich, so I'm a little nervous about lunch. Worst case scenario, I can head home for lunch. Thank God I live close by! Last year I worked 45 min away from home, so I didn't have this luxury. What a difference a year makes!

Florida Countdown: 29 Days
Looking forward to our upcoming Florida trip. I know the weather is getting nice up here, but I'm really looking forward to it being hot, not just warm. I was very happy to find out yesterday that the YMCA in Venice, FL participates in the YMCA AWAY program, so I can use their facilities for no or little cost. For my cycle training, I'm going to rent a bike at a local bike shop and/or attend spin classes at the Y. The mobile home park where my in-laws live has an Olympic size swim pool, so I have swimming covered. I could try some open water swimming there, but I have horrible visions of a Jaws reenactment. Jogging is not a problem because they have a great trail that surrounds the park. I'm bringing my exercise bands, so I can do some resistance training right at the house. One thing I'm REALLY looking forward to through the Y is their Beach Yoga. What could be better than doing yoga on the sand while you listen to the waves. Can you say HEAVEN?!?!?! I've participated in yoga on the shores of Onondaga Lake and I loved that, so I can't wait for this!!!!

Better get back to work...TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment