Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back?
Why can't I get up in the morning?!?!?! Yesterday was a pretty good day. Since I was going to the tri clinic at the Y last night, I decided to run at the Y right before the clinic instead of at home yesterday morning. Throughout the day I ate pretty well. Nothing too extreme, but I didn't eat any junk like I did on Monday (two slices of giant chocolate chip cookie.) Had a good run then went to the tri clinic on nutrition. After the clinic I went to Wegman's (yes, Kelly, it is the BEST store EVER!) to get some nutritious grub. Hadn't eaten dinner, so I hit the Chinese bar. Not the best thing I could have eaten, but I did load up on veggies. Went home to get some inspiration watching Biggest Loser, then headed to bed. Dressed in my workout clothes so all I had to do was roll out of bed this morning at 5:30 AM to get to group cycle class. Yeah, right!

This morning the alarm went off at 5:00 AM, so I decided that I could hit the snooze, stay in bed for a few more minutes until it went off again. Next thing I knew it was 5:45 AM. If I really pushed it I probably could have made it, but since I never had gone to this cycle class before, I didn't want to make a grand entrance. I was so disgusted with myself!!!! I can't wait until it starts becoming light out in the morning again so it will help me get up and get my a$ moving!!!

Lemonade Out of Lemons
Although I didn't get out of bed for cycle class, I did get up so I could be productive in some other ways. At 6:00 AM I did some things that I haven't had time for.

I'm trying to find other sources of caffeine besides soda. The only way I can drink coffee is if it has chocolate in it, so that isn't the best source. I have my own version of an iced mocha where I make half a glass of chocolate milk then top it off with cold coffee. Not horrible, but not great either. I do like iced Earl Gray tea, so I used part of this time to brew a pitcher with just a little bit of sweetener. Can't remember the name of the sweetener I used, but its supposed to be one of those natural zero calorie ones. Turned out pretty good, so I brought some to work to have with lunch instead of my typical diet Coke.

I also used the time to prep some berries I got at Wegman's last night. I'm becoming a big fan of Clean Eating by Tosca Reno and her typical breakfast is some egg whites with a side of oatmeal with berries. So I got the berries ready and had that for breakfast this morning. Have to say I'm not a big fan of the oatmeal and berries...YUCK! Will have to keep working on finding a suitable breakfast that follows this plan.

Also took the time to pack my lunch. Again, I know its not great, but had to go with some corned beef today...Hey! Its St. Patrick's Day, so I have a one day pass! Tomorrow it will be back to having some leaner meats.

Finally I fixed my heart rate watch. Hadn't reset the watch from Daylight Savings this weekend. On top of that, my morning alarm was going off a little too early. I would set the watch on my dresser so I would have to get up to turn off the alarm. But since it was going off too early, I would just get back in bed. So, this morning, I changed the time and the alarm time. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be successful getting up for the 6:00 AM Y-Body Cuts class and successful Friday morning getting up for the 6:00 AM group cycle class.

So, at least I was able to accomplish something even though it wasn't physical. Since its beautiful out today, maybe I'll try to get a walk in at the park during lunch.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment