Monday, March 15, 2010

Rest Day!

Feeling Guilty
"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." - Sidney J. Harris

Today is a scheduled rest day and I feel guilty about it. Because last week and the week before were pretty pathetic, I king of feel like I should make up for it and work out today. But, deep down I know I shouldn't. I know giving my body a rest is just as important in this process as actually working out, so I'll try not to get too down on myself for having the day off.

Back in the Saddle Again?
The last three days were pretty good:
  • Fri 3/12 - 6:00 AM group cycle class at the Y
  • Sat 3/13 - 8:30 AM Y-Body Cuts class then a run on the treadmill after
  • Sun 3/14 - 1,000 yds of swimming
On top of training three days in a row, I also have a Wii remote injury...DON'T ASK!!! Let's just say if a Wii remote is whipped around with enough force and strikes a body part (like the inside of a knee), it tends to make quite a bruise. Definitely not one of the proudest moments of my life!

Game Plan Progress
Update on Friday's Game Plan:
  • Accomplished: #1
  • In Progress: #2a, 4a, 4b
  • Tuesday: #4d (will see my friends at the Y tri clinics tomorrow)
Not proud of myself that I haven't done anything about #3, but I'm just coming off the weekend and sleep isn't a huge priority on those days. Will try harder during the work week.

Looking forward to more progress in the next few days!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment