Monday, April 26, 2010

Losing Weight on Vacation? Is it Possible?

Yes, it is! I actually lost 2 pounds on my vacation to Florida last week! Woo hoo! Somehow, I have a feeling it had NOTHING to do with the fact that we went out for ice cream 4 times AND we had peanut butter/chocolate cake w/ ice cream for my father-in-laws birthday AND I had key lime pie 2 times. Just think of the weight I would have lost if I had stayed away from all those treats! Wow! I do have a feeling that it had to do with the following:

Maintaining Training
Took a few days off, but I still got in...
  • two 1-hour yoga classes on the beach
  • two 1-hour group spin classes at the local YMCA
  • two 32-minute runs
Fresh Fruit
Just about every day I ate a fresh grapefruit picked that day from the tree in the neighbor's back yard. I'm so happy we brought some home with us.

Fresh Seafood
During the week I had grouper, shrimp, scallops, crab, salmon, and mahi mahi. I already eat seafood at least once a week, so maybe I should make an effort to increase what I eat at home.

I'll try to get some trip pictures on here in the next day or so.

103 days to go until Iron Girl!
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment