Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Marching On!

Swimming
I'm disgusted with myself that I only got in one swim session. I've been trying to get in a swim every Sunday, but this month I had a cold one Sunday, SU/March Madness party another one, and church/birthday party another. Then the Y was closed this last Sunday because of Easter. I MUST figure out a way to get in my Sunday swims and some weekday ones too. Since the weather is getting nicer, I can go swim at lunch and won't have to worry about coming back to work with wet hair.

Looking ahead, I asked my husband to buy me a wetsuit for an early Mother's Day present. I ordered a sleeveless one for $99. I will model it once it arrives next week and will post the picture here as long as I don't look like a fool!

Biking
I didn't reach my goal of 10 hours but maybe the goal was unrealistic. At the beginning of the month I struggled with getting up for the 6:00 AM weekday cycle classes, but I've now conquered that. Maybe April will be better.

I bought my first pair of cycling shoes at the Bike Loft:

(First image post!)

I'm looking forward to using them in cycle class then transitioning outside soon. Next Thursday I'm attending a sports nutrition seminar at Syracuse Bicycle and will bring my bike there to discuss adding road tires, aero bars, and a bike computer.

Running
I had a pretty decent month, but now my hip is bothering me again. I'm going to go to Fleet Feet on Saturday to get my run analyzed and possibly get a better pair of sneakers. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Weight Training
I'm wondering if I'm doing too much of this. I might go down to only one day a week. I've been working out since January, but I've seen little weight loss (only 7 pounds). I know muscle weighs more than fat, but as much as I work out, it seems like I should have lost more than that. So, I'm thinking I'm putting on too much muscle. Or maybe I'm eating like crap! I think I do pretty good eating, but I do slip up at times. I'll experiment with decreasing the weight training and see what happens.

123 Days until Iron Girl!!!
TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment