Thursday, July 1, 2010

Craving for Yoga



I've been in a funk lately. Haven't wanted to do any training because I feel:
a) depressed because I'm not having a lot of luck finding a job
b) muscle soreness
c) like a cold is coming on with a sore throat
d) burned out because I've been training for 6 months and am ready for this tri to happen
e) all of the above

That would be "e) all of the above."

So, I got up this morning and decided that maybe some yoga would do the trick. It would take care of "a)" because it helps the mind AND the body. It would take care of "b)" because of the stretching involved. Not sure if it would help "c)" but I figured it couldn't hurt. It would take care of "d)" because it would allow me to do something different instead of just swim, bike, and run. So, it looks like it would take care of "e)."

After dropping Alex off at his summer program, I headed over to Onondaga Lake Park for their "Wegman's Live Well" program which is a free (YES! I said FREE!) session of yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi. Today there was a substitute teacher and she did just yoga, which was fine by me. I arrived there a little late, but I rolled out my mat and dove right into the poses. I haven't done yoga since my trip to Florida and it felt wonderful. I've decided that I need to add this to my daily routine because it will help with so much: mental, physical, emotional, etc. How great is that?!?!?!

The really great thing about this program at the park is that it is done outside by the lake. Onondaga Lake isn't the cleanest lake (in fact, it is one of the most polluted!) but it is water. I LOVE being by water because it is soothing. I think I need to convince my husband that we need to buy a house on a nearby lake! Anyway, here are some beautiful views from this morning:


This is the view I had while doing things like Warrior II pose. BEAUTIFUL sky!


This is the view looking out toward the lake. Ahhhhhhh....water!!!!!

I'm definitely bringing my yoga mat up to camp this weekend. There is a beautiful spot in the village Alexandria Bay right on the water that I think I can go to for some river-side yoga.

Happy training! TTFN! Only 37 days until Iron Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment