Today is my 43rd birthday. Not a major one, but a milestone nonetheless. I thought today's blog would be a good one to look back and look ahead.
A lot has happened in the last year:
* Celebrated my beautiful son's 5th birthday
* Ran the Jingle Bell Run for the first time
* Joined the North Area Family YMCA
* Sold crafts with my mom at the Liverpool HS, ESM HS, and Soule Rd craft shows
* Registered for my first triathlon
* Participated in the 8-Week Ride at the YMCA
* Participated in the triathlon swim clinic
* Traveled to Baltimore for the USA Lacrosse National Convention
* Traveled to Florida with my family
* Signed up for triathlon training with Coach Kelly
* Was laid off from my job
* Participated in my first practice triathlon which included my first open water swim
* Watched my beautiful son graduate from Kindergarten
* Accepted the fact that I may only have one child and was OK with that
* Ran in the Save the River run in Clayton, NY and smashed my time from last year
* Lost 20 pounds
* Came in 4th place (1 place off from winning a prize) in the YMCA's 12-Week Challenge
* Participated in my first triathlon
* Volunteered for the Cazenovia triathlon
* Ran in the Willow Bay Run for Women
* Signed up for personalized triathlon training with Coach Kelly
* Volunteered for the Syracuse 70.3
* Ran in the Arc 5K and set a PR
* Ran in the Festival of Races
* Ran in the LaFayette Apple Run and set another PR
* Celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary
LOOKING AHEAD...THE BUCKET LIST
I have a lot of things that I want to accomplish, so I made a list of some things and surprisingly, I think a lot of them can be accomplished in the next year. I think that I might just have to post them somewhere I can see them at all times so I have a constant reminder of what I want out of life. Here is my list. Anything with a * next to it is something I think I can do this year. Anything with a - next to it is something that I need more time.
* Run a 10K...already scheduled for Thanksgiving morning
* Run a 15K...the Boilermaker?
- Run a Half Marathon
* Start a sports/fitness themed craft business
- Purchase waterfront property
* Lose 10 more pounds
- Travel to Hawaii, out west (US or Canada) for a ski vacation, Alaska for a cruise, the Mediterranean for a cruise, Ireland, and Italy
* Take Alex to Yankee Stadium for a game
* or - Complete an Olympic distance tri
* Run a sub-10 minute mile
* Run a sub-30 minute 5K
* Learn to crochet
* Be a consistent "Clean Eater"
* Plant a really good veggie and herb garden
* Learn to preserve the veggies to use during the winter months
* Purchase a road bike
* Upgrade my Mac and/or purchase a laptop
Yup, I am definitely printing this list to remind me of my goals. Why go through life just drifting and waiting for things to happen? If I see this list constantly, I will make my dreams come true.
Happy birthday to me!