Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Climb Every Mountain

A few weeks back I did something that, looking back, was pretty stupid. I signed up for the May 1 Mountain Goat run. This is a 10 mile run through the city (here's a map) that goes up and down two pretty big hills. Just prior to my foot injury, I ran the farthest ever which was 8.5 miles. Since my foot injury I haven't even reached 6 miles. The race is in 2 1/2 weeks. Help!

My game plan is to walk part of the race. Most likely, the walking portions will be the up hills. I've really got to get some more miles under my belt before the race, but I also have to be careful with my foot so I don't re-injure it. Last thing I need it to get hurt again. After Mountain Goat, the next race on my calendar is the Green Lakes Triathlon on June 11. If I injur my foot again, that would only give me about a month to get healed again before the tri.

I've really got to get my head examined!

No comments:

Post a Comment