Saturday, January 28, 2012

Recovery Weeks Rock!

I'm finishing up Recovery Week and I just have to say that they rock!!!! Instead of 10-11 hours of training for the week, I only have 8-9...hmmmm, that still seems like A LOT! Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for registering for a 70.3!

My Crock Pot experiment (AKA "Project Crock Pot") is going well. The plan was to make a Crock Pot meal Monday, leftovers Tuesday, another Crock Pot meal Wednesday, leftovers Thursday, go out to dinner Friday, homemade pizza Saturday, and a more involved meal on Sunday. This plan worked better than expected because we had Sunday leftovers on Monday night which allowed us to stay home and save money Friday. The hubby loved both meals I made, but Alex only liked one of them...luckily we had lots of Sunday leftovers for him. It was so nice to come home from work, smell dinner cooking, and be able to train and/or do stuff around the house without having to stress over cooking. We've had this Crock Pot since we got married 10-years ago and I've only used it a few times...what was I thinking?!?!?! At the rate I'm going, I'm going to wear it out in the next few months! :)

I'm looking forward to my first race in a couple months: tomorrow's Chilly Chili 5K in Cazenovia. I ran it for the first time last year when it was -7*...Chilly was an understatement last year for sure! This year, its supposed to be a tropical mid-30's which will be nice. The hubby is running too, so we're dropping off the boy at my parents and having a date-race.

The day after the Chilly Chili last year is when I discovered the stress fracture in my left foot...hoping its not going to be a trend! I've got my first half marathon in about 4 weeks, so I have no room for a stress fracture now.

Well, that's about it for today. The boy has asked me to play some Wii Ski...we were thinking about taking him downhill skiing for real today, but mother nature decided to melt our snow, so we'll have to settle for fake skiing. Once the hubby gets back from his run, I'm headed out to pick up our packets for tomorrow and he and the boy are going to register for Little League...already?!?!? Its January!!! Where does the time go?!?!?

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. I have been on a crock pot kick lately. Love throwing things in the pot and coming home to the smell of a meal ready to go!

    ReplyDelete