Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Need to Move to Florida!



I was really hoping to post a ton of pictures from our family Florida trip here, but something is wrong with my camera. I brought it on my almost-2-hour bike ride yesterday and about 2/3 through the ride, I turned it on to take a picture of a cool metal sculpture of a cyclist and it died on me. I was hoping it was the battery, but no such luck. I've been charging it all afternoon and it won't turn back on. Luckily I have a lot of pictures on the memory card, I just have to figure out how to get it from the card onto my computer.

In the meantime, I'll write a short summary with more details to come. We spent a lot of time at the beach and I spent some time training. Here's a bulleted list:

*Wednesday, April 4: Went to Y run group at 9:30 AM and was on the plane heading to FL by 1:15. Delayed flight and trouble finding a restaurant for dinner put me in bed late

*Thursday, April 5: Decided to take the day off from training since we had such a long day Wednesday. Went to the beach and had dinner at the house.

*Friday, April 6: Went for a run at my in-laws resort community before heading back to the beach. Leftovers and some sushi for dinner.

*Saturday, April 7: Up at the crack of dawn to head to Siesta Key Beach (rated #1 in the US) for a 5K. Not only did I PR, but I had my first sub 10-min mile in a race AND I placed in the top half of my age-group. Celebrated with some more beach time...this time at a different beach to search for shark's teeth.

*Sunday, April 8: Happy Easter! Because I took Thursday off, I decided to use my in-laws bike. Once I get my pictures up, you will get a good laugh at what I rode! A little more time at the beach.

*Monday, April 9: Was going to go to the local Y for a spin class, but then I realized I left my ID back at home in Syracuse. So, I decided to rent a road bike and hit a nearby Rail Trail for about an hour. It was a great ride...except for the creepy black snake!

*Tuesday, April 10: Still had the bike until the afternoon, so went out for another ride, this time for almost 2 hours. Again, a great ride...except for another creepy black snake! Next time, I'm renting the bike for the whole week...the bike shop was great and also nearby to not only my in-laws, but also the Rail Trail.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I can go into more detail when I get some pics up. Took a lot on the bike ride and at the 5K that I definitely want to put up here.

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were brave enough to rent the bike and go exploring!! (minus the black snakes...)

    ReplyDelete