Sunday, December 23, 2012

My 2012 Christmas Wish List

Hi folks!  I know I've been a pretty pathetic blogger this year and I discovered this morning how REALLY pathetic I've been.  In 2010, I blogged 55 times.  In 2011, I blogged less than half that amount with 23.  And this year, I have a pathetic amount of 14.  This will be 15.  The first half of this year I was training for my first 70.3 which left me little time to do anything except train.  After that, I became a slug and didn't want to do anything.  Then came Sept and Oct where I was up to my eyeballs in volunteer planning for the Empire State Marathon.  Once that was over, I got into my son's birthday then into the holiday season.

Which brings me to today.  I'm going to try to finish 2012 on a good note to create good momentum for 2013.  Lately it seems like there is a lot of stuff I want and most of it isn't material things.  I don't know if its the chaos of the holiday season, but things seem to be spinning out of control lately and I just need it to calm down.  Hoping once Christmas passes that I will get the calm.  So, here is my Christmas Wish List, material and non-material things:

1. Motivation
Oh, how I've missed my motivation.  I had lots of it leading up to my first 70.3 in June.  Once I finished that race, I knew that the rest of my triathlon season (which only consisted of Iron Girl in August) would be completed on cruise control.  As a result, I had my worst IG finish of the three that I've completed.  It wasn't my "A race" of the season, so I really didn't care too much.  I was a little mad that after all my 70.3 training and investments I made to my bike (purchasing a bike trainer and adding aerobars), that I still couldn't improve my bike time.  (I'll wish for that next!)  I figured once Labor Day hit that I would get motivated again for some fall running races, but it never really happened.  So, please, Santa: light a fire under my a$$ so I will start training again!  I've got a half marathon in February that I need to get training for, so some motivation would be nice!

2. Bike Speed
I love riding my bike, but I hate how slow I am on it.  Besides purchasing a mega-expensive tri bike, I really don't know the answer.  I suppose the bike won't make a difference if my body can't perform.

3. A Sub-30-Minute 5K
This year I achieved my first goal of a Sub-31-Minute 5K / Sub-10-Minute Mile Pace back in April and I matched it in September (don't ask me how because that was during my sluggish period!)  Next on my list is to get a sub-30.  I will be so happy when I see my 5K time start with a "2" instead of a "3."  I know once I get my motivation back and start attending run group on a more regular basis, that I will achieve this.

4. Entry Fees Into My 2013 Races
I would like to do a lot of races this year, but its going to be expensive.  I had a couple things come to mind:

  • 13 half marathons (13.1 miles) in 2013
  • 27 races (any races: running, tris, etc) to honor the 27 Newtown victims (I'm including the mother in this list because she was a victim too)

Regardless if I do these or just race in general, these fees start adding up.  Lately money has been tight, so having these fees taken care of would be awesome!  My next post, which will be between Christmas and New Years, will include my race list for 2013.

5. A Passing Grade on My ACE Personal Trainer Exam
I will be taking this sometime in early February.  I have had very limited time to study, so I'm getting a little nervous.  Don't really want to have to pay extra money to take it again if I don't pass.

6. Tutorials on How to Use Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to Build My Craft Business
I really think I can go places with my crafts, but I need the Internet to do it.  Want to wave a magic wand so I can use these tools more efficiently.

7. Unlimited Money to Spend on Workout Clothes
I hate wearing regular clothes.  Its funny because when I was going to college to become a math teacher back in the late-80s, I actually thought I'd be better suited to become a physical education teacher.  However, I didn't go that route because I didn't want to live in sweat pants and golf shirts for the rest of my life.  If you think about it, that's what all the female PE teachers wore back then, right?  Now I look at all the super-cute workout clothes and that's all I want to wear.  Maybe I should have listened to myself back then and done what my heart wanted rather than been so superficial and worried about my clothes.

8. My Long Hair Back
I cut my hair short back in the spring and I want it back.  I'll get it...just need some time.

9. Adjustable Kettleball
I like the idea of having one item that can adjust rather than multiple weights.  If I can get this, then I can sell our hand weights in a garage sale.

10. Registration Fee for TRX Class at the Y
I took this class during the summer and I LOVED it!  I felt like it did a lot to help me tone.  I registered again for the fall session, but they didn't have enough people to make it run.  Hopefully next session there will be enough.

11. Private Chef/Registered Dietitian
I know what I need to eat most of the time.  In fact, when I go shopping, I make pretty good choices.  I just feel like I don't have time to follow through once I get everything home.

That's about all I can think of for now.  I'm sure there are lots more things I wish I had, but I can't think of them right now.  I supposed I can just consider this a working document that will change over time.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas, New Year, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Festivus, etc...whatever holiday(s) you celebrate, hope they are wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment